Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Walking in a winter wonderland

We have been going on so many walks lately. It really is like a winter wonderland here at the lake. The lake reminds me of that scene in Elf where he is walking down to America from the North Pole. The only word I can think to describe it is magical. Leighland LOVES walks whether it is in her stroller or front pack she talks, and talks, stares at all the trees and the sky then usually passes out. We always stop in the lodge to say hi to Daddy and grab some hot cocoa. Walks with her have been one of my very favorite things since we could first go out, which we did the first week she was born. I remember our first walk, just the two of us. I could hardly wait to take out our Bob stroller, it was a hot summer day and getting outside in the fresh air felt rejuvenating. It was just me and my new baby, MY BABY. I don't think I will ever forget it. I had been dreaming of taking her for walks the whole time I was pregnant and there we were. I still feel the same way, it is our special time together. Running used to be my special time to kind of destress and now I get to share it with her. She just started fitting in her ergo carrier, so we have been going on more hikes, having to straddle trees and such which is fun compared to a simple walk. The other day only part of the lake was frozen but it was melting and it created these big cracking noises. It was pretty awesome to see and hear the ice panels splitting apart. But then two days ago it was like 45 degrees and sunny! The lake had a million shards of ice like a tide coming in and that was very cool too. I don't think a day in December could have been more beautiful.
Our very first walk together
The sunny day walk



Yesterday I got to be the recipient of a 4 handed massage for free! Um...I don't know how you can go back to a regular one after that, it felt soooo good!! I needed it too. My shoulders and neck get seriously sore lugging around a nearly 16 pound baby on 3 mile walks, and in her car seat up a steep stair case. It was a great little Christmas present and just what I needed to refresh.

Last weekend there was a going away/Christmas party at the lodge. Leighland sat comfortably with Santa, we drank hot chocolate, had pie and got presents. It was a great time. Leighland just smiled and played most of the time then fell right asleep to the band that was playing Christmas music. I don't think it could have gone better. We are headed to the coast for Christmas and I'm so excited to see friends and family and have a road trip with my two favorite people. Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!
The lodge at Christmas where we visit Daddy and get hot cocoa
Merry Christmas from Leighland!!


No comments:

Post a Comment